Public Seminar is supported by The New School, by generous donors and foundations listed in our footer, and by you. Consistent with our belief in the importance of conversations to healthy, global democracy, Public Seminar is free, and always will be free.
But Public Seminar costs money to produce. Can we ask you to be generous?
With over 2.5 million unique visitors a year, were each Public Seminar reader to donate $1.00, we would be able to expand our reach dramatically, and realize our ambition to pay authors, sponsor new podcasts and books, hire permanent staff, and continue revisions of our platform. But here’s a sample of what your donation can achieve:
- An ongoing contribution of $5.00/month = the cost of editing and producing one article.
- $100 = transcribing an interview
- $200.00 = paying one graduate student, contingently employed scholar, or freelance journalist for their published work
- $350 = editorial fees for producing a series of three articles
- $1000 = production cost for one podcast.
- $5000 = payment for a part-time or contingent faculty member to participate in our project
- $10,000 – $15,000 = underwriting staff costs for one year
- $20,000 = producing a Public Seminar book or conference; underwriting an editorial fellowship for one full year.
- $25,000 = underwriting our podcast, Exiles on 12th Street for one year.
All gifts are valuable to us because they signal that you care. Please contact Meg Kauffman if you are contemplating a gift of $1000 or more, including us in your estate, or would like to become a named sponsor.
Jeffrey Goldfarb and Claire Potter, Co-Executive EditorsDonate