We, the editors and staff of Public Seminar, are working hard all the time to cultivate an offering of posts that “provoke critical and informed discussion by any means necessary,” responding to the pressing problems of our times and address enduring problems of the human condition, as we put it on our “About” page. Tomorrow and the day after, it will be necessary to freeze the posting of new content, as we begin a process of upgrading our platform, making it more secure, repairing some glitches and upgrading the design and publishing capacities. With this in mind, we have published five new pieces today to keep the discussion going, please see:
- Prophets of Deceit: Post-Truth Politics and the Future of the Left by Nicholas Baer and Maggie Hennefeld
- Hungarian Higher Education Under Attack: The Fate of CEU is the Fate of Freedom by Jeffrey C. Isaac
- International Women’s Strike: March 8 Rally posted by Ali Shames-Dawson
- Fancy Is The Thread R.H. Quaytman at MoCA by Utah Snyder
- 21st Century Populism: Crowds, Mobs, Masses, and Publics: An NSSR Sociology Conference posted by Patrick Gilger, S.J. and Ben Weinberg
We hope to be back at full speed on Thursday.