Here are some links and references mentioned during this week’s show:
- A horrific case of child abuse in California has renewed debate about homeschooling. Natalia cited political philosopher Rob Reich’s scholarly article on homeschooling.
- We debate the recent government shut down.
- What started as an internet joke about eating Tide Pods has become a real-life fad. Natalia referred to this JStor Daily article about the sexualization of the supermarket.
In our regular closing feature, What’s Making History:
- Natalia discussed the New York Times article, “Young Fitness Fogies Ditch $40 Classes for Hoops, Laps, and Jogs.”
- Neil discussed the Huffington Post article, “Even Breathing is a Risk in One of Orlando’s Poorest Neighborhoods.
- Niki discussed Catherine Kerrison’s Washington Post article “How Did We Lose a President’s Daughter?”