In this episode, Natalia, Neil, and Niki discuss the history of political dress codes.
Here are some links and references mentioned during this week’s show:
- In the wake of a debate over Senator John Fetterman’s casual style, the Senate voted to set a more formal dress code. Neil drew on this Gentleman’s Gazette article, and Natalia referenced Rhonda Garelick’s New York Times essay. Niki cited this POLITICO piece and this Washingtonian article.
- In our regular closing feature, What’s Making History:
- Natalia recommended Jessica Bennett’s New York Times package, “Being 13.”
- Neil shared about the Deseret News poll, “Republicans See Trump as a ‘Person of Faith’… More So Than Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, and Others”
- Niki discussed the 1921 New York Times article, “Is the New Woman A Traitor to Her Race?”